- Choice of: Deep Tissue, Relaxation or Injury treatment.
- confidentiality and privacy maintained
- Professional draping techniques
- Choice of: 100% pure Aromatherapy Oils or "nonscented" natural
- Goal is structural alignment, pain relief, reduced tone in hypertonic
(over tight) muscles, and generally relaxation
What to expect first visit
First appointment it is best to allow 1 1/2 hours. A case history
is initially taken, this is generally followed by an assessment
checking for structural alignment and assymetries. Foot arches may
be also assessed to determine if they are part of the problem. This
initial assessment, case history and client's request will determine
problem areas and what needs treatment today
What is physiological efficient posture?
Physiologically Efficient Posture refers to the body being held,
carried in such a manner that there is the least mechanical strain
on the body. From side view it refers to an alignment of body parts
so that the ear, A/C joint of shoulder, hip socket, knee and ankle
are all in line. This allows least strain on the back, neck and
other areas of the body. When we do not have Physiologically Efficient
Posture, strain patterns develop in the muscles that eventually
lead to pain if untreated.
How does it relate to massage at our practice?
Our goal is to bring the body back into correct postural and structural
alignment, We seek to achieve that through releasing tight muscles
and strengthening weak ones that are causing the problem. In most
cases back and neck pain will be relieved or gone.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Brings oxygen to muscles
- Increases bloodflow through muscles
- Moves cellular waste from muscles
- Aids in bringing structural alignment to the body (with a trained
- Relaxes muscles, often the whole body
- Can relieve fatigue, speeds healing
- Reduces pain, muscle-ache
- Can relieve tension headaches
- Aids Immune System by moving lymph
- Reduces tension and calms Nervous System
- Cramps and "knots" are released Tsychological and emotional
benefit if you need a listening ear
Aromatherapy is the use of 100% pure oils or ointments for therapeutic
reasons in treatment. Each essential oil has certain properties,
giving benifits and effects on the body. Pain relief, calming the
body and mood enhancement are a few. An example is: Peppermint Oil
used for inflammation, pain relief and digestive problems.
Descriptions of what the massage feels like vary greatly:
- "Paul thoroughly inquired about my problems, then (after assessment) went to work... Along with massage therapy, Paul gave exercises. My legs feel 100% better, much stronger... Able to work more and don't end up with the severe leg and back pains." L. CUMER
- "My neck and back were a problem. Since I have been under Paul's care for massage, I feel much better, more relaxed and relieved of pain. He educates me on exercises to perform at home." S. COMEAULT